Enquiries via website, email or phone protecting personal information?
MindforYou are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we willtreat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website, send us an email or following a phone call and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is MindforYou, 5 The Willows, Burton on the Wolds, Leicestershire, LE12 5AP Registered number: 9208027.
This policy applies to our site, and how we process emails sent to email@example.com and telephone calls to 01509 351008. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.mindforyou.co.uk(our site). This includes information provided at the time of enquiring about our services, through requesting a brochure If you contact us via phone, email or post, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We will ask you at time of enquiry as to whether you wish to receive marketing communications regarding our products and services. We will not contact you with marketing communication unless you have opted in.
All information you provide to us will be held securely
- We will not pass or share your personal information to any third parties
- If you no longer wish to receive communication regarding our products and services, please inform us and we will delete your information
- We will not transfer data outside of the European Economic Union
- We will contact you on an annual basis to ensure you still want to continue toreceive our information
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
Guests who book a MindforYou Holiday
Protecting and accessing personal information
This page explains why MindforYou collects personal information about our guests, how we use it, how we keep it secure and confidential – and how you may access it.
What personal information about you may be collected?
- Your personal details: name, date of birth, address, phone numbers and details about your next of kin.
- Your GP name and practice details.
- Medical records applying to the time you have spent with us.
- Support records applying to the time you have spent with us, e.g. night light, toilet frame etc
- We keep records required by care home regulations, like risk assessments, information on resuscitation and records of accidents and incidents.
- We also keep records about likes, dislikes, support needs and life history in your support plan.
We may also need to use relevant information about you to:
- Provide information to other agencies who may contribute to your care, like hospitals.
- Share with Medical Professionals should it be requested.
- Provide some information to people with Power of Attorney, Deputyship or people acting on your behalf if they request it or when it is in your best interest.
- Share with agencies who will assist with your holiday planning and/or care needs: for example, if you chose to have personal care provided by a third party care agency or a personal assistant.
Why do we keep information about you?
We ask for information about you so that we can make sure we offer you the best protection and support.
We will not pass on information about you unnecessarily and we will keep information about you secure and safe.
How we keep your information secure and confidential
MindforYou has a confidentiality policy that all staff must adhere to, and a legal duty to keep information about you strictly confidential, except where your or others’ safety is compromised.
All information is kept on a secure server which only MindforYou staff can access.
Furthermore, all individual files with any personal information are further password protected and access is only given on an as needed basis.
We also have a duty of candour: we will always tell you the truth about accidents or incidents. We will never omit or cover up relevant facts, whether they are requested or not. We will formally investigate any accident or incident if you wish us to do so.
The law and personal information
We will not disclose personal information about you without your permission unless it is required by law.
If you do give consent to sharing your information with others you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Where an individual cannot consent because they lack the mental capacity to do so their carer or representative can sign a consent form on their behalf.
We are legally obliged to pass on some limited personal information:
- When a court order has been issued
- When a death occurs
- At the request of a Coroner
- When an infectious disease is diagnosed
- In the event of serious injury
Your information rights and accessing your personal record
The Data Protection Act (1998) gives you the right to access personal information we hold about you, including medical information.
You can ask to change anything on your records that is wrong or that you are unhappy about. Either changes will be made, or you will be given a reason why it cannot be changed.
If you wish to look at copies of your personal records ask your holiday lead. If you prefer you can contact MindforYou’s Data Controller: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have a right to copies of personal information about yourself.
We may ask to see proof of ID if you are not well known to us.
Information we cannot give
There may be information on your records about other people, which you will not be able to see without their consent.
There might be information we believe likely to cause serious harm to the physical and mental health of you or someone else, which we will not reveal. You will be told if that is the case.
If our staff decide to withhold any information from our records from you, you can complain and ask for a review of the decision by responsible manager.
You have a right of appeal to the Data Controller for MindforYou. You have a further right ofappeal to the to the independent Information Commissioner.
If you have any concerns about your personal, support and/or health records please discuss it initially with the lead for your holiday. If you cannot resolve your concerns, please contact:
Data Protection Officer
5 The Willows
Burton on the Wolds
Email: email@example.com and use the title Data Protection